As per our Terms & Conditions, given the nature of downloadable digital items, we do not generally offer a refund or credit on a purchase unless required under Australian consumer law or other relevant consumer protection laws. If you would like to request a refund or credit on a purchase, you should open a support ticket.
We will assess refund or credit requests on their merits, considering the digital nature of Teach Starter downloads. There is no obligation to provide a refund or credit in situations like the following:
- you have changed your mind about a subscription;
- you ask for goodwill;
- you bought a subscription by mistake;
- you do not have sufficient expertise to use the subscription;
- you did not cancel your subscription before it renewed.
When does Teach Starter offer refunds?
We understand that everyone gets busy. Sometimes, you might miss our renewal reminder email, or simply don't get around to cancelling your subscription before your it renews.
Our website is designed to automatically determine whether or not you are eligible to receive a refund. Our algorithm looks at a number of factors, including:
- if your subscription is new or has renewed (we will only refund renewed subscriptions)
- the time since your account renewed (we will only refund subscriptions that have renewed within the last two weeks)
- if you have downloaded resources since your account renewed (we will only refund members who have not downloaded resources since their renewal date)
To see if you are eligible to receive a refund, please log in to your Teach Starter account and visit your subscription page.
ACCC Repair, Replace, Refund Policy
Teach Starter complies with the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission regarding repairs, replacements or refunds.
As per the ACCC Policy, you have the right to ask for a repair, replacement or refund under the Australian Consumer Law consumer guarantees for products and services bought on or after 1 January 2011.
For a major problem with a service, you can choose to receive compensation for the drop in value below the price paid, or a refund.
This is outlined in clause 3.10 of our Terms & Conditions:
3.10 Termination by the User for breach
(a) The User can terminate the Licence without notice if Teach Starter commits a breach of any of the material terms and conditions of the Licence.
(b) Teach Starter will refund the User the Licence Fee for the Initial Period or the Renewal Period as applicable on a pro-rata basis if the Licence is terminated pursuant to clause 3.10(a).
(c) If the Licence is terminated because the User did not pay the Licence Fee for the Renewal Period, the User may continue to access the Materials up until the Term expires.